Be Kind: The night I cannot name... and what it taught me about failure (and success)



Image result for learning from failure

Earlier this month, I was invited to an incredible evening of sharing!  

(full disclosure, because this is a blog for our school and community, I won't be divulging the name of the event as it has some vulgar language in its title... with that said, you could probably take a reasonable guess and find it - if you can't, feel free to send me a personal message and I'll direct you)

The crux of the evening was that a series of entrepreneurs got up in front of the crowd of nearly 200 people and shared how they had failed, what they learned and how that has shaped their current success.  The evening was remarkable for several reasons, including (a) the level of vulnerability demonstrated by the presenters (b) the warmth and acceptance of the audience and (c) the importance of humour in surviving and reflecting on the challenges they had faced.

In reflecting on the evening, my biggest take away is that in order to grow, we need to be human.  When we share our experiences in a 'human way' with other caring people - we can laugh, learn and grow.

Image result for failure

Comments