Be Curious: Start With Why

Image result for why?

Last week, while at a 'Meet the Teacher' event at the Conklin School, I had a great conversation with one of our school's parents.  We were discussing this blog, and after he allowed me to share a little bit of the 'what' of the 'Daily Climb,' he simply said 'why?'

It was a serene and deeply reflective moment.

I have to admit, this three-letter word has stuck with me since.

After some reflection, here's how I think I would answer the question regarding 'Why are we doing the Daily Climb?'

I have started this blog (1) to explore big ideas that are impacting education, our students, our school and our society (2) to provide insights into the inner workings and thinkings of our Rundle College Society and (3) to provide a forum for voice, conversation and debate on topics that are important to us as a community.

Needless to say, I am convinced that we need to continue to ask this question... and more importantly be able to answer it.

(on a side note, if you haven't already read Simon Sinek's book, "Start with why," - do.

Image result for start with why

Comments

  1. This is an excellent book. Another really good read about what motivates us is Drive - Daniel Pink. (search up the TED talks if you don't have the time to read the full book :) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed Raj - thanks for the suggestion. Sinek has a new book coming out next month and I'm sure it'll continue to add to his impressive body of work/thinking! Thank you for taking the time to reply to this post.

      Delete
  2. Agree. Compounding effects of positive actions that follow deliberate/purposeful actions are game changing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment