Book 16 | Week 16 - Embers: One Ojibway's Meditations


Book 16 | Week 16
Embers: One Ojibway's Meditations
by Richard Wagamese

This past week, I may have finished reading Embers... however, with that said, I don't think you are ever done reading a book of this nature.

I first came across Wagamese's meditations via a good friend of mine's Twitter account.  Martha Perry, Principal at St. Clement's School (@MPerrySCS) has been posting teasers from Wagamese's incredible wisdom for some time now.  Before long, my curiosity took hold, and I needed to give it a shot for myself.  

In short, Wagamese leaves you with a daily meditation to reflect on and explore.  Over the past 6 months, I have typically started my day by reading one and then carrying it with me as I travel throughout the day.  I don't think it would serve anyone's purpose if I shared how I have interpreted these insightful and impactful passages.  I can only hope that if you pick up this book, it takes hold of you and has the impact that it has had on me.

 



Comments