Week 1 | Book 1 - Atomic Habits by James Clear



Atomic Habits

by James Clear

In our lives, we are lucky if we come across a book that changes our life, Atomic Habits is one of those for me.  My journey with this book started in November of 2018, just months before the new year and the onset of the COVID pandemic.  

Quinn Simpson, co-founder of Graydin (an incredible coaching organization) simply asked me if I had heard of James Clear (@jamesclear), his blog or his new book.  I hadn't, but I quickly downloaded it and gave it a listen for the first time.  Since then, I have made it an annual habit to listen to it in the first week of each new year.

My one new takeaway from this read of his book comes in Chapter 13, which James Clear states: 

To maintain momentum on a habit, you simply need to master the art of showing up.  

Thinking of the habits I want to sustain this year (spinning, language learning and this blog) - I need to remember that the trick to it all is to get started and show up!







Comments