Be Curious: The Learning Community

Image result for rundle college

Recently, I've been thinking a lot about what a true 'Learning Community' is.

To me, for a learning community to be optimal, everybody has to be involved.  Parents, teachers, students.  We need to continually be on our toes, looking for good insights, testing our assumptions, and learning.  It goes without saying, I think curiosity is at the center of this learning.  

It is 1) being curious about what the curriculum is driving us to learn, but also 2) being curious about our world and how we live in it.

I get as excited about our teachers learning ukelele or financial investing for the first time as I do about them attending a workshop on the newest assessment techniques.  

A learning momentum is one of the most powerful assets any individual can have.

In the spirit of learning, I recently read an article reviewing some of the top research findings in the area of education in 2019.  Give this a read.  I'm curious as to how this might impact the learning at Rundle.  
Image result for learning community



Comments