Be Curious: Is Neurodiversity The Next Frontier in Learning?



If you were asking me what I thought the next great trend in learning and schools is - I'd say it is exactly this.  The thought that we can now see further into the brain and understand how it actually is taking in information.

With all this said, I do believe we need to proceed carefully.  I don't think that neurodiversity implies that brains need to be fixed, learning simply needs to be understood.  Once we understand the learning, we can best leverage strengths to help kids reach their potential.  I think it's that simple.

One of my favourite moments in the Shaub article is when they point to the fact that Mr. Shaub has dyslexia, but he attributes his inability to read to being able to better see the 'big picture,' and this is ultimately what has allowed him to be successful.

image of brain's white matter

Comments