Be Curious: What did you learn today?



My son, Emmett, is now 4 years old.  It is amazing how quickly the years are flying by.

This year, he is in a preschool program and it is amazing to see the learning that is going on in his classroom each and every day.  Some days he comes home and talks about bears and hibernation and others days he seems to have memorized every planet in the solar system.

Even with all this learning going on, at dinner, when I ask him, "Emmett, what did you learn today?"  He instinctually says, "Nothing."

For the past few weeks, his mom and I have been modelling what we learned today and then asking him and it seems to be working.  I'm not sure if it'll last forever, but for now it is doing the trick.

When this strategy runs its course, I'll need another - so please share any ideas you may have!

Image result for what did you learn today

Comments